Aesop and the Canterbury Christ Church University’s Faculty of Health and Wellbeing have identified continuing professional development as a key factor in the future of arts in health. They are working together to create the ‘Aesop Institute’ training initiative.
Initial market research has revealed that many see the Institute as important and timely. Potential benefits include: B
- greater appreciation of the roles the arts can play in health and wellbeing
- clearer understanding of the difference between artistic and health roles
- more trusting and effective partnerships between the health and arts sectors
- opportunities to deliver health improvements and savings
- giving arts organisations the chance to reach new audiences and develop new earned income streams.
This free event was an opportunity to contribute ideas on how training can help grow and enrich arts in health practice, research and policy.